Manuel A. Sanchez Jr.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Duties and Functions
- Develops the master plan for academic programs and formulate corresponding, policies and guidelines for approval by the governing board.
- Conducts academic program review and rationalize course offerings.
- Provides support to the Deans in the curriculum improvement and development of new courses.
- Initiates and undertakes activities that would keep the college abreast with the recent trends in the teaching-learning processess, reseach and educational technology.
- Assesses and develops policies for long-range enrollment projection.
- Promotes quality instruction and encourage educational innovations.
- Works closely with the Deans to facilitate the accreditation of educational programs.
- Performs financial analysis in relation to academic perspective and recomends budgetary allocation by courses.
- Reviews the ranking procedures, appointments and promotions of faculty before submission to the College President for action.
- Pursues faculty development programs through scholarships, trainings and seminars, industrial immersion and other related activities.
- Strengthens the performance evaluation system of faculty members.
- Formulates guidelines and rationalize faculty loading de-loading and non-teaching assignments.
- Prepares school calendar and coordinate with the Deans/Department Heads on the preparation of class program schedule.
- Implements program for authorship of books and development of curriculum materials.
- Promotes and supports research activities as tools for achieving educational excellence.
- Performs other jobs or tasks as the College President or Board of Trustees may assign as might rightly fall within the jurisdiction of the designation.