The Enhanced Support Level Program for Marine Engineering (ESLPME) is a two (2) year special program addressing the competencies required for Ratings Forming Part of an Engineering Watch (RFPEW) and Ratings as Able Seafarer Engine (ABE) as defined in the STCW Convention, Regulations and Codes.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
The Enhance Support Level Program for Marine Engineering (ESLPME) aims to:
- Produce graduates who are fully conversant with the basic principles to be observed in keeping an engineering watch as per Table A-III/4, Table A-III/5, Table A-VI/1-1, and Table A-VI/6-1 & 2 of the STCW Code; and
- Provide and equip students with knowledge, understanding, proficiencies, competencies, attitudes and values to qualify them for Assessment and Certification as:
- Ratings Forming Part of an Engineering Watch;
- Ratings as Able Seafarer Engine.
The graduates of the ESLPME shall have acquired the knowledge and competencies necessary to perform the following tasks, duties and responsibilities at the support level:
- Carry out watch routine appropriate the duties to a Rating Forming Part of an Engine-room Watch;
- For keeping a boiler watch, maintain the correct water levels and steam pressures;
- Contribute to the monitoring and controlling of and engine-room watch;
- Contribute to fueling and oil transfer operations;
- Contribute to bilge and ballast operations;
- Contribute to the operation of engine-room equipment and machinery;
- Safe use of electrical equipment;
- Contribute to shipboard maintenance and repair in the engine-room and
- Contribute to the handling of stores in the engine-room.