- Provide information about the financial position, financial performance , and cash flows of the University that is useful to its users in making and evaluating decisions about the allocation of resources.
- To prepare the general purpose financial statements (GPFSs) in accorance with the Philippine Public Sector Accounting Standards (PPSAS) and other financial reports as may be required bu laws, rules and regulations; and
- To prepare reports of budget, revenue and expenditures in accordance with laws, rules and regulations.
- It shall keep the general accounts of the University, manage the resources in accordance with laws and regulations, safeguard against loss or wastage through illegal or improper disposition, to ensure efficiency, economy and effectiveness in operations of the University.
- Gives advice on financial matters
- Prepares and submits financial reports to management and other government departments and agencies authorized tor receive such reports;
- Maintains basic and subsidiary accounting records and books of accounts to reflect accurate and current financial information required by existing auditing rules and regulations and by management;
- Certifies to the availability of funds, obligates funds, and issues treasury warrants to liquidate obligations